Other academic activities and awards
Other Academic Activities
I have always found it important to take an active role in the different communities I have been part of, which is why I have done volunteer work in different academic associations and institutional committees.
- Co-coordinator of the project: 'Remote Data Sessions for PG Researchers' with PGR Jack Joyce (Loughborough University) bit.ly/remotedatasessions
- Committee member of PARLAY (Posgraduate Academic Researchers in Linguistics at York).
- Academic committee member of the Phonetics Teaching and Learning (PTLC2017) conference - University College London (2017)
- Academic committee member of the 4th Jornadas Internacionales de la Didáctica de la Fonética - UNSAM (Universidad de San Martín) (2016)
- Academic committee member of EDAPI (Equipo de Desarrollo Académico, Publicación, e Investigación) - Instituto Superior del Profesorado "Dr. Joaquín V González" (2014-2016)
- Committee member of PronSIG (Pronunciation Special Interest Group) - IATEFL (2014-2015)
- Co-editor of the Web Resources section of Speak Out! - PronSIG (2014)
- Executive committee member at APIBA (Asociación de Profesores de Inglés de Buenos Aires) (2010-2012)
Member of the following associations:
- ISCA (International Society for Conversation Analysis)
- IPA (International Phonetic Association)
- IPrA (International Pragmatics Association)
Awards and Scholarships
I have received the following awards and grants:
- Overseas Research Scholarship. University of York.
- Best Postgraduate Thesis Award. MA in English Language. Universidad de Belgrano.
- Winner of International House Brita Haycraft Better Spoken English Scholarship. Awarded by International House and IATEFL PronSIG. (2014)
- Tuition waiver for a Diploma in English at Goldsmiths College External Programme. Award by Asociación Internacional de Estudios (AIE). (2005)
- Best Graduating Average Cohort 2000-2003. ISP Dr Joaquín V González. Buenos Aires, Argentina (2004)